Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Invisalign Treatment
Have you recently spoken with your Dental Arts dentist about an Invisalign treatment for your smile? Our team located in St. Pete Beach, Florida offers dedicated dental care to individuals and their families in the area. Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners to correct minor orthodontic issues by applying constant pressure on the teeth. Continue reading on for tips on how you can get the most out of your upcoming Invisalign treatment.
- Floss every day. Regardless if you are using Invisalign or not, you should be flossing each day. However, it is even more vital to your oral health as the debris will be trapped under the aligners if not properly removed.
- Wear them for at least 22 hours a day. As previously mentioned, the Invisalign treatment will only work if constant pressure is applied to the teeth.
- Change your aligners on time and in the correct order. Your Dental Arts dentist will explain the duration of time you should be wearing each new aligner.
- Allow yourself time to get used to the new feeling. It may take an adjustment period to feel comfortable with speaking in the aligners.
- Learn what you can and should not eat with the aligners. The clear trays can easily be removed for eating and cleaning purposes for a short period of time.
- People will not notice your treatment. The new aligners may feel bulky and noticeable, but no one can notice unless you show them. Think of the alternative: bulky, wire braces that are noticeable.
- Take care of your aligners. The clear trays can easily be cleaned with warm water and antibacterial soap.
Is Invisalign right for you?
Contact our Dental Arts team in St. Pete Beach to see if an Invisalign treatment could benefit your smile. Call our office today to set up a consultation with a member of our staff and see how easily we can transform your smile into something that can make you feel more confident. Don’t wait another day to restore your teeth in St. Pete Beach, Florida.