Looking for a perfect yet natural looking smile? Are you finally ready to fix the tooth you cracked ages ago? Veneers are the perfect way to transform your teeth and boost your self confidence. However, what are porcelain veneers and what do they treat exactly? Porcelain veneers have been used for years to fix a variety of dental problems such as chips and cracks, gaps between teeth, minor misalignments, and discoloration. They are thin, porcelain shells that are ‘glued’ to the tooth/teeth. What, though, are some common misconceptions about porcelain veneers?
- The application is painful. Veneers are only applied after the patient is given a local anesthetic to eliminate any pain or discomfort.
- You only need veneers for the front of your mouth. While it is most common for dental veneers to be placed in the most visible part of your mouth, they are also made for your lower and back teeth.
- The entire tooth must be filed down before veneers can be placed. Minimal reshaping of the tooth is sometimes needed to place dental veneers. Our dentists at Dental Art, however, do everything to eliminate unnecessary filing.
- Veneers can get put on in one visit. In order to get your perfect smile, more than one appointment is necessary. You will be given several temporary veneers to try out.
- Veneers are unnaturally white and noticeable. With today’s technology, we can perfectly match to the color, thickness, and shape of your teeth.