A proper diet ensures your body has enough nutrients and overall wellness. Fewer nutrients attribute to a poor immune system, and your mouth becomes irresistible to infections. Periodontal infections may progress fast due to nutrient-poor diets. You need to provide a balanced diet for your child to ensure the development of strong teeth free from cavities. Proper fluoride levels, phosphorus, and calcium are vital in your oral health.
Poor dietary lifestyle leads to tooth decay and gum diseases. You need to avoid foods with high sugar levels, including starch, which facilitate the production of plaque acids that attack your enamel. Avoid taking foods that easily stick to your mouth, and use recommended mouth rinses to clean your mouth.
Which Foods Harms Our Teeth?
Smart snacking during this Halloween will require you to forego sugary treats like candy and opt for nutritious rich in raw vegetables, fruits, and plain yogurt. For your infant, ensure you consult your dentist on various tips to keep them safe from oral issues at the tender age. Your dentist may recommend you to choose the following food category:
- Phosphorus, found in lean meat, dairy products, eggs, and fish for strong teeth
- Vitamin C is found in citrus fruits, peppers, broccoli, and spinach.
Oral health issues can be prevented by practicing good oral hygiene and seeking regular oral health care. Your dental practitioner may recommend you to take calcium-rich foods. Calcium is vital in the development of healthy teeth.
Why Dental Cleaning Is Recommended After Halloween?
You can reverse the action of dental decay by undergoing dental cleaning. Sugary foods cause bacteria to thrive, leading to the formation of dental cavities and infections, and you need to undergo cleaning, to eliminate sugar remnants in your mouth. Your specialist uses ideal options to clean your tissues and eliminate the risks of having extensive dental procedures.
Your diet should contain less acidic food to avoid eating up of your enamel and damage to your soft tissues. Your dental specialist may recommend chew gum and increases saliva production since the increased flow of saliva washes out food debris and neutralizes acidic secretions. Fluoride treatment can also be done if you have any signs of tooth decay. Your child needs to undergo routine dental exams and cleaning, to prevent cavities.
Essential Tips to Stay Safe in Preserving Proper Oral Health
Below are some of the measures you need to take in preserving your oral tissues this Halloween:
- Avoid taking a sugary diet since the presence of sugar in your mouth may lead to the thriving of bacteria, causing infections.
- Keep your oral tissues moist by taking water in plenty, to wash out particles deposited between your teeth, and neutralize acidity.
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly to remove plaque that may cause decay. Your dentist may recommend using a soft-bristled toothbrush to avoid harming your soft tissues, including the enamel and gums.
- You can provide candy for your child after meals, which increases the production of saliva.
- Use recommended fluoride-based toothpaste and undergo dental cleaning procedures regularly.
- Visit your dentist for dental exams to check on your oral tissues’ condition and identify any underlying issues.
Preserving Your Oral Hygiene near Pasadena, FL
At Dental Arts St Pete Beach, we guide you on the best practices to take care of your oral health. Our dentist in St Pete Beach, FL recommends you brush and floss your teeth regularly and avoid foods that are detrimental to your dental health. Our specialists perform a professional dental cleaning to ensure your oral tissues are preserved from gum infections and dental decay. Our dental facility is well-equipped with specialized dental tools that are useful in all dental procedures.
We remove plaque food debris or tartar from your teeth and recommend you to observe proper dietary measures. We perform a thorough dental examination to detect any risk underlying dental issues during your appointment, including infections, cavities, or inflammation. Upon detecting issues, we plan for ideal treatment. Dr. Jose F. Matos helps you understand the implications of poor diet on your oral health and recommend the following useful tips to retain proper oral health.
If you are looking for a dentist at St. Pete Beach, we are willing to address your nutritional and dental issues and ensure you restore healthy oral issues. Please visit our exceptional dental health practitioners today, and get adequate treatment.